Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: respond power

  1. #1
    cycleguy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default respond power

    Has anyone actually let these guys going door to door actually look at their PECO bill? What do they do with it? I find it pretty annoying that people dressed up to look "official" knock on my door at 8pm asking to see my PECO bill. I was not kind to him.

  2. #2
    Moonraker is offline Rocket Scientist
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,557

    Default Other Threads on electric generation already exist

    There are several other threads on this subject.

    Several of these are pyramid sales schemes, but with a power generation firm. Beware, they may be taking your account number to sign you up without your expressed permission. But for the most part, they are just checking to see you average consumption. Though, there are not many variables in the decision process.

    The Sunday Inquirer ran a good expose' on the door-to-door and phone pitchs.

    Check out threads with a Search on PECO.

    Note that there seem to have been some mailings with a Promo code, to be used when you make application.

  3. #3
    Tacklebury is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    They knocked on my door last night, I politely told them to F off. The hardhats were a nice touch, I guess I was supposed to think they were official and there was some sort of an emergency. I've noticed a lot more people knocking lately, looking for handouts. That was the third time this week. I'm about to shut the whole thing down and stop answering the door all together.

  4. #4
    puterwitch is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    They knocked on my door too. I live in a small town. News travels fast. They knocked on a lot of doors and we are making sure our elderly weren't fooled. The guy that knocked on my door claimed to be from PPL, (I am in Schuylkill County) and wnted desparately to see my elecric bill. He told me that he was from PPL and needed to see my bill to give me a cheaper rate. he was all set to slam me with this new company. They claim to be accredited by the BBB, it is right at the top of their application, but they are most certainly not accredited by the BBB. Total misrepresentation and potential fraud.

  5. #5
    EaglesRule is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I actually had quite a different experience. The guy at the door was very nice and explained the whole deregulation thing (which I already knew) and wanted to see my bill to see if I had the minimum usage needed. I did, and I did end up switching to them. I didn't think there was anything fishy at all. The application had a check box to make sure I understood they weren't from PECO, and even after the application, he had to call a verifier for me to speak with that asked me a few questions, again making sure I understood he wasn't from PECO. Really couldn't have been more clear. I also did some checking after he left...Respond Power is totally legit. PECO recognizes them. PA Power Switch has them on their site too. Totally the opposite of misrepresentation and fraud. Much more like good info to know with clear answers. Maybe some of you just don't like door-to-door sales guys or something.

  6. #6
    b_fairmount is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    231

    Default

    That might be the case but I would never give any sort of billing information to someone selling door to door. I can just as easily go onto their website or make a phone call. Too much potential for identity theft or credit fraud. A form of identification is a current utility bill.

  7. #7
    Malloy's Avatar
    Malloy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    6,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglesRule View Post
    I actually had quite a different experience. The guy at the door was very nice and explained the whole deregulation thing (which I already knew) and wanted to see my bill to see if I had the minimum usage needed. I did, and I did end up switching to them. I didn't think there was anything fishy at all. The application had a check box to make sure I understood they weren't from PECO, and even after the application, he had to call a verifier for me to speak with that asked me a few questions, again making sure I understood he wasn't from PECO. Really couldn't have been more clear. I also did some checking after he left...Respond Power is totally legit. PECO recognizes them. PA Power Switch has them on their site too. Totally the opposite of misrepresentation and fraud. Much more like good info to know with clear answers. Maybe some of you just don't like door-to-door sales guys or something.
    Very legit. At least door to door guys are doing an honest job...not trolling the internets with 'undercover' screen names.

    Like PS on Facebook!

  8. #8
    Tacklebury is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA - BUSTED!!!!! You would think that EaglesRule (great, trustworthy name BTW - "oh, hey, I like the Eagles too!!") wouldn't have a door-to-door salesman come to his house since, I don't know, he works for Respond. Maybe that was just a paperwork mix up. Yeah, that's probably it. Funny that in EaglesRule's story he needed the door-to-door salesman to explain things to him.

    Great job Malloy, thanks.

    And EaglesRule, what up?! HAHAHAHAHA

  9. #9
    cplannan is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Spring Garden
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Wonderful!!!
    Like so many Americans, she was trying to construct a life that made sense from things she found at gift shops.

  10. #10
    PhillyHorn is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6

    Default

    This is really the Internet at its best. Nice job, Malloy.

  11. #11
    nyctransplant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    My favorite thing on this forum is when Malloy busts trolls. Well done!

  12. #12
    Tartan69's Avatar
    Tartan69 is online now Pawn in game of life
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fairmount/Spring Garden
    Posts
    2,469

    Default



    Bravo!

  13. #13
    nyctransplant is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Some "company" just called my land line (which I only have sine Comcast wants to INCREASE my rate if I ditch it) and claimed to be involved with PECO. It was all every confusing and I can't remember the exact name of the company he said, but he claimed I'd be getting 15% discounts starting next month. Then he asked for me to provide my account number so he could verify the right account was getting discounted. Right....I'll provide that as soon as I get my deposit from the Nigerian prince.

    Just wanted to post this as a warning in case anyone receives weird phone calls. I really need to get rid of this stupid phone line.

  14. #14
    Malloy's Avatar
    Malloy is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East Falls
    Posts
    6,062

    Default

    A few weeks ago, I had an electrician here working on an outlet right next to my front door. 4 energy sales dudes pop up on my porch, and I tell them its a bad time. I was willing to hear them out, but not at that time. Soooooooo, homeboy tries to pitch me through the screen door while the guy is working. He wouldn't STFU. I went on to the porch, and tried to explain to him that bullish sales techniques do not work with all people...and he told me they are trained to keep pushing at every house. Pretty sad. After he took the sales cap off, he seemed like a nice enough guy...and I can't knock them for making a living.

    The other 3 dues were being trained by this master of sales. If they didn't have their little badges on, most people would think that motley crew was there to rob the house or something. Sloppy, awkward, weird group.

    My 85 y/o neighbor screamed "GET LOST' after they kept pushing her.
    Like PS on Facebook!

  15. #15
    Riggsinc is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1

    Default

    You know what sir, I actually work for Respond Power & Major Energy. For your information sir, we as field agents who you and other not so nice people have cursed out, slammed doors in out faces, as well as called the police on us; are trying to inform you all about choosing a energy and natural gas supplier at a cheaper rate than what you are paying right now. We're out there at 8 o'clock at night because sir there are people such as yourself who work all day. Contrary to popular belief, we at Respond Power are trying to help to put money back into your pockets, not take it out like the majority of other energy suppliers. And as far as your bill is concerned, all we do is check it to see if you qualify for the reduction that our company is offering to pay. That's all we are. I personally believe that instead of being rude you should have listened. Because there are 1,000's of satisfied customers with more signing up as I comment. So for a future reference, you should pay attention because when your neighbors are swimming in savings from their energy bill and your still paying that 10 year fixed rate, for the same exact service, then you'll understand why we were at your door at 8 o'clock at night.

  16. #16
    NE19149 is offline (^!^)
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Mayfair
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
    Very legit. At least door to door guys are doing an honest job...not trolling the internets with 'undercover' screen names.

    I gotta hand it to you Malloy, as I was originally reading that joker's post, I got the distinct feeling of it being a plug ad.
    Then I got to your post a moment later, and laughed my azz off. )
    Bravo baby.

  17. #17
    NE19149 is offline (^!^)
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Mayfair
    Posts
    3,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggsinc View Post
    You know what sir, I actually work for Respond Power & Major Energy. For your information sir, we as field agents who you and other not so nice people have cursed out, slammed doors in out faces, as well as called the police on us; are trying to inform you all about choosing a energy and natural gas supplier at a cheaper rate than what you are paying right now. We're out there at 8 o'clock at night because sir there are people such as yourself who work all day. Contrary to popular belief, we at Respond Power are trying to help to put money back into your pockets, not take it out like the majority of other energy suppliers. And as far as your bill is concerned, all we do is check it to see if you qualify for the reduction that our company is offering to pay. That's all we are. I personally believe that instead of being rude you should have listened. Because there are 1,000's of satisfied customers with more signing up as I comment. So for a future reference, you should pay attention because when your neighbors are swimming in savings from their energy bill and your still paying that 10 year fixed rate, for the same exact service, then you'll understand why we were at your door at 8 o'clock at night.
    Give us a break already.
    We the people are already "informed" to the gills over this crap - (hint: it's on tv and radio enough to make me nauseated) we certainly don't need more advertizing shoved in our faces on our doorstep - particularly when we're at home trying to relax from a stressful day at work.

    You need a job that bad?
    You'd be better off selling vaccuum cleaners door-to-door.

  18. #18
    #1MetsFan's Avatar
    #1MetsFan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fairmount
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggsinc View Post
    You know what sir, I actually work for Respond Power & Major Energy. For your information sir, we as field agents who you and other not so nice people have cursed out, slammed doors in out faces, as well as called the police on us; are trying to inform you all about choosing a energy and natural gas supplier at a cheaper rate than what you are paying right now. We're out there at 8 o'clock at night because sir there are people such as yourself who work all day. Contrary to popular belief, we at Respond Power are trying to help to put money back into your pockets, not take it out like the majority of other energy suppliers. And as far as your bill is concerned, all we do is check it to see if you qualify for the reduction that our company is offering to pay. That's all we are. I personally believe that instead of being rude you should have listened. Because there are 1,000's of satisfied customers with more signing up as I comment. So for a future reference, you should pay attention because when your neighbors are swimming in savings from their energy bill and your still paying that 10 year fixed rate, for the same exact service, then you'll understand why we were at your door at 8 o'clock at night.
    Get a real job, hippie.

  19. #19
    enyo is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riggsinc View Post
    You know what sir, I actually work for Respond Power & Major Energy. For your information sir, we as field agents who you and other not so nice people have cursed out, slammed doors in out faces, as well as called the police on us; are trying to inform you all about choosing a energy and natural gas supplier at a cheaper rate than what you are paying right now. We're out there at 8 o'clock at night because sir there are people such as yourself who work all day. Contrary to popular belief, we at Respond Power are trying to help to put money back into your pockets, not take it out like the majority of other energy suppliers. And as far as your bill is concerned, all we do is check it to see if you qualify for the reduction that our company is offering to pay. That's all we are. I personally believe that instead of being rude you should have listened. Because there are 1,000's of satisfied customers with more signing up as I comment. So for a future reference, you should pay attention because when your neighbors are swimming in savings from their energy bill and your still paying that 10 year fixed rate, for the same exact service, then you'll understand why we were at your door at 8 o'clock at night.
    I personally hate door to door sales. Now that we have the internet, I'd rather do the homework and compare all the companies. Knocking at my door at 7 or 8 pm and interrupting what I'm doing is just going to kill any potential business for you. The phone calls suck too. I couldn't imagine if every business in a 10 mile radius did door to door or phone calls as their MO.
    And some of the people get pushy, like i'm supposed to let some strange dude stand at my door casing my house while dig around for an energy bill w/ sensitive info on it.
    "Believing is seeing" - paraphrased from PH

  20. #20
    Brahaim is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    your customers aint gonna see no saving. the rate VARIABLE so that **** will go higher than PECO. my bill went up like 20 dollas last month becuz of Respond. stop fraudin!

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2