• Neighborhoods RSS Feed

by Published on 07-15-2014 02:41 PM
    Hey all you Germantown residents or Philly people that know a lot about Germantown: I started seriously looking at houses in this area this week after attending a holiday party at a virtual estate in Germantown. I'm eying up a few in East Germantown and have done a fair amount of reading/driving around to access how life would change if I lived there. I found Fresh Grocer and know how close Weaver's Way is...but for a Wegmans addict, what would my closest major grocery store be. Where are the closest "necessary evil" stores---like Cherry Hill for me gets me to a high end pet food store, a DSW, Kohls, Cherry Hill Mall, etc. Is Chemical Road the closest for this stuff besides the limited stuff on Main Street, Manayunk? Would you walk dogs at night around this area? I tried looking up crime stats but I'm finding them per month and it's pretty aggravating. I'm really only concerned about violent crimes and so far, I'm seeing mostly crimes in apartment buildings. Where's my closest coffee shop with an atmosphere (ie. not Sunoco)? Are there any good elementary schools that are public in the area? Or for the good private ones, where are they and what do they cost? (Skip ones over $10K/year...I'd sooner move again when the time comes.) The area is pretty darned nice now--are there any forces of change in the positive or negative you see as residents? What's an average neighborhood association meeting like? Thanks in advance. Pretty psyched about what I've found...actually thinking about preparing my house to get it on the market.
    by Published on 07-15-2014 01:19 PM  Number of Views: 132 
    A little birdie told me today that my Rita's Water Ice friend who was thwarted in his attempt to open in Chestnut Hill just purchased the old Urban Ca
    by Published on 07-15-2014 01:01 PM  Number of Views: 93 
    The Cresheim Valley Grain Exchange opened in the former site of the Wine Thief yesterday. We happened to walk by yesterday afternoon and saw a sign in

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2