• Mt. Airy / Chestnut Hill / Germantown RSS Feed

by Published on 07-15-2014 01:01 PM  Number of Views: 23 
    The Cresheim Valley Grain Exchange opened in the former site of the Wine Thief yesterday. We happened to walk by yesterday afternoon and saw a sign in the window saying they would open last night. We went just after 6 and were their first customers ever. So far so good! Very nice beer list, I had the sweet baby Jesus porter. We had a wonderful beet salad. I had scallops w sweet potato and ham croquettes, my grand daughter had fried chicken and my wife had mussels. All came with nice presentation and sides. The chicken had kale w apples etc. we also had an order of shoe string fries that were great. All was excellent, the mussels were a bit too gamey, that was the only drawback. Def worth a trip back. Nice folks, good service. Reminded me a little of a much smaller scale Farmers Cabinet. Didn't see the cocktail list, maybe it's still a work in progress. Eldondre, happy hour?
    by Published on 07-15-2014 01:19 PM  Number of Views: 30 
    A little birdie told me today that my Rita's Water Ice friend who was thwarted in his attempt to open in Chestnut Hill just purchased the old Urban Ca
    by Published on 07-15-2014 02:41 PM
    Hey all you Germantown residents or Philly people that know a lot about Germantown: I started seriously looking at houses in this area this week af

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2