Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Sharkfood is offline Senior Member

Default Young pediatrician murdered on naudain st.

The story on Philly.com

Center City murder victim a local pediatrician

The victim appears to be Melissa Ketunuti, who judging from her Facebook pictures is a petite woman of
    Asian descent.

Here is her blog, which was discontinued in 2008:

Ketunuti Blog

She survived multiple trips to Africa but not center city.

billy ross is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkfood View Post
    The story on Philly.com

Center City murder victim a local pediatrician

The victim appears to be Melissa Ketunuti, who judging from her Facebook pictures is a petite woman of
    Asian descent.

Here is her blog, which was discontinued in 2008:

Ketunuti Blog

She survived multiple trips to Africa but not center city.
    It sounds like she made bad choices with respect to with whom to associate. There was a guy murdered in suburban Doylestown this past weekend; it was a hit. It seems both cases are more a case of with whom one associates rather than where one chooses to live. Still, I hope they catch the scum that did this soon - what a waste, and what a sick thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by billy ross View Post
    It sounds like she made bad choices with respect to with whom to associate. There was a guy murdered in suburban Doylestown this past weekend; it was a hit. It seems both cases are more a case of with whom one associates rather than where one chooses to live. Still, I hope they catch the scum that did this soon - what a waste, and what a sick thing to do.
    Although there was no forced entry, it's quite possible she was confronted at the moment she was entering the front door of her residence. It wouldn't be the first time such a thing has happened.

alfromnolibs is offline Junior Member

Do you have any evidence of this or are you just making a baseless assumption?

Sounds like the latter to me.

Let's wait until more facts come out before judging the types of people the victim associated herself with.

Quote Originally Posted by alfromnolibs View Post
    Do you have any evidence of this or are you just making a baseless assumption?

Sounds like the latter to me.

Let's wait until more facts come out before judging the types of people the victim associated herself with.
    Did you read the link? This is Silence of the Lambs stuff. It wasn't random. If it is, we've got a Charles Manson / Zodiac Killer / Son of Sam-type person in the loose. Street thugs don't tie people up and set them on fire inside a very expensive house where there's no sign of forced entry. This is an extremely sick individual who had alot of anger in them.

O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member

Bill has the victim even been positively ID'D ?

I agree with what you say about the guy from Bucks County, but verified info has been released regarding his murder.

Let's wait until there is some concrete info before making assumptions.
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

Did you read the link? This is Silence of the Lambs stuff. It wasn't random. If it is, we've got a Charles Manson / Zodiac Killer / Son of Sam-type person in the loose. Street thugs don't tie people up and set them on fire inside a very expensive house where there's no sign of forced entry. This is an extremely sick individual who had alot of anger in them.
    Really? How about using fire to destroy evidence. I can think of one major reason to do that but I will not speculate at this point.
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

FabianRdWarrior is offline Junior Member

Where'd you get your info, Billy Ross? The article contained in the link was pretty vague and made no mention of with whom the victim associated. I know it would make people feel better to know that this was not just some random atrocity, but to insinuate that it somehow had to do with her lifestyle choices based on three paragraphs on Philly.com seems like a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    Bill has the victim even been positively ID'D ?

I agree with what you say about the guy from Bucks County, but verified info has been released regarding his murder.

Let's wait until there is some concrete info before making assumptions.
    I guess I'm just believing the links. Hopefully it wasn't the person indicated thus far, and really it's some crackhead who got in a fight with a S.O. If you have any reason to believe that the links aren't correct or are misleading, let me know. Right now we're relying upon the press in a developing story, and that can be dangerous.

Not far from here a few years ago there was a girl who was a recent college graduate, with a great life to look forward to. Then one day her body was found in her mother's burning home. It turns out she got into an argument with her boyfriend, who beat her to death (I think he nearly decapitated her, actually), then lit the place on fire to cover his tracks. He got caught, of course. This one is even worse, since the victim here is even better educated and she was tied hand and foot.

Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator

I guess I'm just believing the links. Hopefully it wasn't the person indicated thus far, and really it's some crackhead who got in a fight with a S.O. If you have any reason to believe that the links aren't correct or are misleading, let me know. Right now we're relying upon the press in a developing story, and that can be dangerous.
    Sometimes you are such a douche, BR. The poor woman was just killed, they haven't identified her, and you're casting all sorts of aspersions. Can't you just give it a rest for a short while?
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

........Right now we're relying upon the press in a developing story, and that can be dangerous.
    Exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitalitygirl View Post
    Sometimes you are such a douche, BR. The poor woman was just killed, they haven't identified her, and you're casting all sorts of aspersions. Can't you just give it a rest for a short while?
    Two possibilities:

1) She was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and was bum rushed into her house by a sadistic freak straight out of Quentin Tarantino.

2) She became friendly with a sadistic freak with serious anger control issues, clearly not knowing what danger she was getting herself into.

People generally suspect the former, while the evidence almost always leads to the latter. Both are possible. It may have been random - I don't know. Still, I'll be surprised and disturbed if it's the former.

Marquis is offline Banned

I don't know.
    I strongly agree with this part.

It'sJessMe is offline Senior Member

This one is even worse, since the victim here is even better educated and she was tied hand and foot.
    Why does her level of education make it worse?

FabianRdWarrior is offline Junior Member

What other link is there, aside from the Philly.com article and a link to a blog that was last posted to in 2008????? If those are the two sources you're basing your comment on, you'd be well advised to wait a little to see what other information is released (such as a positive ID of the victim, for starters).

NJbound is offline Guest

Its just sad to see such a thing happen to a person. Our prayers go out to her family..

AsYouWere is offline Banned

I guess I'm just believing the links. Hopefully it wasn't the person indicated thus far.
    One link is her blog ending in 2008, the other indicates no one unless you're accusing her dog walker, and you should give it up while you're not ahead.

Two possibilities:

1) She was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and was bum rushed into her house by a sadistic freak straight out of Quentin Tarantino.

2) She became friendly with a sadistic freak with serious anger control issues, clearly not knowing what danger she was getting herself into.

People generally suspect the former, while the evidence almost always leads to the latter. Both are possible. It may have been random - I don't know. Still, I'll be surprised and disturbed if it's the former.
    I would say the two possibilities are:

1. Approached by stranger as she was entering house

2. Handyman doing work in house turned on her.

Anyone remember the two ladies murdered in loxley court in old city in the 90's
    By their handyman?

Tip Led Cops To Old City Suspects - Philly.com

annie is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWere View Post
    One link is her blog ending in 2008, the other indicates no one unless you're accusing her dog walker, and you should give it up while you're not ahead.
    He was referring to the victim.

And might I remind everyone...
    Sex offender on Calumet Street
    You should get to know him.

AsYouWere is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by annie View Post
    He was referring to the victim. ]
    Yes we hope it wasn't her but someone else? That would be a relief (not).