Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1. #1
    krapug1's Avatar
    krapug1 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    220

    Default Horrific Attack at Chinatown SEPTA Station

    They did make an arrest yesterday.

    There is a video showing the attack that is making the rounds on national media.

    Woman was pushed onto SEPTA tracks; man arrested


    Ken

  2. #2
    luchobucho's Avatar
    luchobucho is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Passyunk
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    She wasn't really pushed....more like dragged and thrown. What a savage attack.

    I'm just glad she wasn't hurt more.....bumps and bruises is pretty lucky.

    Perhaps NYC and Philly need to go with the glass subway walls with doors that open only when the train is in the station?

  3. #3
    Volanova's Avatar
    Volanova is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    546

    Default

    That is insane, absolutely insane. That video was very disturbing. Glad they got it on tape, though, even though it was horribly low quality. If anything this just goes to show that you have to be alert and aware of your surroundings and what people are doing around you all the time, especially when on public transportation. You'll note that he waited until she was back in her phone, not paying attention to what was going on.

    Also...completely unrelated, but am I the only one that gets really annoyed at the asses that smoke on the platforms or right next to the no smoking signs at station entrances?

  4. #4
    luchobucho's Avatar
    luchobucho is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Passyunk
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    No, you're not. Its like people just don't care. Septa cops never say anything to the offenders also. I think there is just a certain sense of lawlessness in this town that is troublesome. I watched a half dozen teenagers jump the turnstyles at City Hall BSL the other day. It's just pretty ridiculous.


    Quote Originally Posted by Volanova View Post
    Also...completely unrelated, but am I the only one that gets really annoyed at the asses that smoke on the platforms or right next to the no smoking signs at station entrances?

  5. #5
    forkiks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    354

    Default

    um, who cares about smoking....this woman was assaulted.

    Glad they caught the animal.

  6. #6
    radiocolin's Avatar
    radiocolin is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forkiks View Post
    um, who cares about smoking....this woman was assaulted.

    Glad they caught the animal.
    Broken windows my friend.

    First you ignore the prohibited smoking, then ignore the high schoolers jumping turnstiles, then those that do these things push farther until this happens.

  7. #7
    luchobucho's Avatar
    luchobucho is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    East Passyunk
    Posts
    1,307

    Default

    I don't care about smoking specifically, I care a about a general sense of lawlessness and a lack of consequences.
    I am not equating smoking with an assuault at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by forkiks View Post
    um, who cares about smoking....this woman was assaulted.

    Glad they caught the animal.

  8. #8
    hubba1's Avatar
    hubba1 is offline THIS is a Newbold...
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Philly-Newbold
    Posts
    1,043

    Default

    Yea, that was crazy... he went out of his way to make sure she hit those tracks! Dragged her across the station, then tossed her by her ankles!! Absolutely insane! (and he probably is also) I'm sure people will give Septa crap for holding onto the tape, but it was a good idea, and it worked! The guy didn't have a chance to change his jacket before they located him, which if he saw himself on tv, he probably would have ditched the thing.
    ------------------------------------------

  9. #9
    Gladys's Avatar
    Gladys is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Volanova View Post
    That is insane, absolutely insane. That video was very disturbing. Glad they got it on tape, though, even though it was horribly low quality. If anything this just goes to show that you have to be alert and aware of your surroundings and what people are doing around you all the time, especially when on public transportation. You'll note that he waited until she was back in her phone, not paying attention to what was going on.

    Also...completely unrelated, but am I the only one that gets really annoyed at the asses that smoke on the platforms or right next to the no smoking signs at station entrances?
    No you are absolutely not.

    Quote Originally Posted by luchobucho View Post
    No, you're not. Its like people just don't care. Septa cops never say anything to the offenders also. I think there is just a certain sense of lawlessness in this town that is troublesome. I watched a half dozen teenagers jump the turnstyles at City Hall BSL the other day. It's just pretty ridiculous.
    Stopping quality of life crimes are key to getting us on the road to a better city. Broken window theory.

    Why is it the most heinous attacks in cc appear to happen mid afternoon?
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde


    "I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

  10. #10
    Debbie1125's Avatar
    Debbie1125 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Just saw that he's been arrested a dozen times before.

    Maybe we should starting euthanizing human scum like this instead of making excuses for their criminal actions.

  11. #11
    Litter Box's Avatar
    Litter Box is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie1125 View Post
    Just saw that he's been arrested a dozen times before.

    Maybe we should starting euthanizing human scum like this instead of making excuses for their criminal actions.
    Agree, why should taxpayers pay about $36,000 a year when he will never change.
    But all in all, it's been a fabulous year for Laura and me.
    12/21/2001 White House release: President Highlights

  12. #12
    MRguy is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default

    This should be an attempted murder charge, but we all know it won't be. Ridiculous. She could've been killed by either a train or the third rail.

  13. #13
    Bixbyte's Avatar
    Bixbyte is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Rhawnhurst
    Posts
    1,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by krapug1 View Post
    They did make an arrest yesterday.

    There is a video showing the attack that is making the rounds on national media.

    Woman was pushed onto SEPTA tracks; man arrested


    Ken

    FOX is my fav they certainly painted a pretty picture of the City of Philadelphia.
    Across from the Main Police station.
    Beat her up, threw her on the tracks and took her pocketbook.
    Must have stole the TAJ casino jacket?
    This psycho will Kill someone for their pocketbook.

    Man Arrested After Throwing Woman Onto SEPTA Tracks - Philadelphia News, Weather and Sports from WTXF FOX 29
    Last edited by Bixbyte; 01-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    I am a pissed off Old Dinosaur.

  14. #14
    O.H. Lee is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forkiks View Post
    um, who cares about smoking....this woman was assaulted.

    Glad they caught the animal.
    NYPD lowered their crime rate substantially in the middle '90's by going after the little things. Stopping the fare jumpers, smokers, litterers, etc. reduced crime on their transit lines by a great deal. Like Radiocolin mentioned, Broken Windows.

    So much little stuff is ignored in this city, that it leads some to believe anything goes.
    "We do sincerely hope you all enjoy the show, and please remember people, that no matter who you are and what you do to live, thrive and survive, there are still some things that make us all the same. You, me, them, everybody, everybody!"

  15. #15
    Hospitalitygirl's Avatar
    Hospitalitygirl is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Miss Mannersville
    Posts
    14,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    NYPD lowered their crime rate substantially in the middle '90's by going after the little things. Stopping the fare jumpers, smokers, litterers, etc. reduced crime on their transit lines by a great deal. Like Radiocolin mentioned, Broken Windows.

    So much little stuff is ignored in this city, that it leads some to believe anything goes.
    So why aren't we doing it? Where does the directive come from? Upper echelons of PPD or Sh*tty Hall?
    I am not the Jackass Whisperer.

  16. #16
    ScottBudman is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rittenhouse Square
    Posts
    295

  17. #17
    AsYouWere is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    NYPD lowered their crime rate substantially in the middle '90's by going after the little things. Stopping the fare jumpers, smokers, litterers, etc. reduced crime on their transit lines by a great deal. Like Radiocolin mentioned, Broken Windows.

    So much little stuff is ignored in this city, that it leads some to believe anything goes.
    I'm just not seeing the connection here as it applies to the truly criminally insane. Take Sandy Hook as an example idyllic small town with none of those infractions and yet a local kid goes in and shoots up the school.

  18. #18
    mixiboi's Avatar
    mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lawncrest
    Posts
    10,032

    Default

    No place is truly safe as long as you have wild cards called humans with mental issues....
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

  19. #19
    Debbie1125's Avatar
    Debbie1125 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    No place is truly safe as long as you have wild cards called humans with mental issues....
    So true.

  20. #20
    eldondre is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    20,768

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AsYouWere View Post
    I'm just not seeing the connection here as it applies to the truly criminally insane. Take Sandy Hook as an example idyllic small town with none of those infractions and yet a local kid goes in and shoots up the school.
    it may not address outliars, but it would address most of the crime. mental health is a big issue. remember the hammer attack on the BSL?that guy was a schizophrenic who refused his meds. his family pleaded with the hospital not to discharge him because he wouldn't take meds and they couldn't control him. he thought the kid he attacked was a government agent following him. of course, this station is no stranger to problems. it's poorly used (just a couple people a day). a few years ago a woman was raped there.

    Quote Originally Posted by O.H. Lee View Post
    NYPD lowered their crime rate substantially in the middle '90's by going after the little things. Stopping the fare jumpers, smokers, litterers, etc. reduced crime on their transit lines by a great deal. Like Radiocolin mentioned, Broken Windows.

    So much little stuff is ignored in this city, that it leads some to believe anything goes.
    In NY they found there was a link between the farebeaters and the people who were committing crimes on transit.
    it led to problems processig people so bratton outfitted a bus and made a mobile processing center...they also handcuffed the people they caught and left them in the station in plain sight (until the bus came)as a warning.
    "It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past"
    Jonathan Safran Foer

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2