Register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    6enny is offline Senior Member

Default Welcome to Philadelphia, Crackers

There's a group right outside Market East/Hard Rock Cafe with megaphones and signs ("White people are the devil", worn by a white dude) spouting hate.

Family from NYC was pretty horrified.

Happy Black Friday, Philadelphia.

MariusPontmercy is offline poor grad student

Quote Originally Posted by 6enny View Post
    There's a group right outside Market East/Hard Rock Cafe with megaphones and signs ("White people are the devil", worn by a white dude) spouting hate.

Happy Black Friday, Philadelphia.
    The Black Israelites... most of us just ignore them. They're obnoxious but relatively harmless.

Do you think with all the improvements PREIT wants to do to the Gallery, and the plans for the Girard Block, that they might chase them away? Its one the the BIs' favorite places to rant about white people, and I know they were trying to get the homeless/weird bus people off Market Street anyway.
    "imagination and memory are but one thing, which for diverse considerations hath diverse names" - Thomas Hobbes

mixiboi is offline Philly Remixed

They used to be over at the Closepin, but then they were moved out of there when the construction around there was done, now they move back and forth from that location and 12th st.

And if a Family from NYC was pretty horrified...then NYC has really got pussified....
    Graphic Designer, Social Media Consultant. Twitter: @Sdlaugh

Pitt is offline Senior Member

I've probably walked by them a hundred times and never heard a word they were saying.

ScottBudman is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mixiboi View Post
    They used to be over at the Closepin, but then they were moved out of there when the construction around there was done, now they move back and forth from that location and 12th st.

And if a Family from NYC was pretty horrified...then NYC has really got pussified....

Only the new New Yorkers.

6enny is offline Senior Member

For better or worse, NYC cops don't allow that type of protest/demonstration. Especially not in a touristy area.

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

For better or worse, NYC cops don't allow that type of protest/demonstration. Especially not in a touristy area.
    Except they do. I saw them several times a few years back on Broadway by Paramount Plaza, not far from Times Square. I've been informed they appear near Penn Station more recently.
    Last edited by Jayfar; 11-23-2012 at 06:21 PM.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

BarryG is offline Senior Member

Oh wait, that's actually Philly. And these guys are real åssholes.

This one is NYC tho:

RainboTeabagger is offline Teabag or liberty.

Right in the middle of Times Square Disney World.

RainboTeabagger is offline Teabag or liberty.

Why do you write stuff you know is not true?

Quote Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
    weird bus people
    What the hell are you talking about?

OldMama is offline Senior Member

These guys (I think it was the big guy in the video) were near Temple last year yelling at anyone white walking by. They got into a loud altercation with a man who yelled back that he was Hispanic. The big guy said he looked like his family was from Spain and, therefore, white. So I guess they're geneticists as well.

Giavella Water is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MariusPontmercy View Post
    The Black Israelites... most of us just ignore them. They're obnoxious but relatively harmless.

Do you think with all the improvements PREIT wants to do to the Gallery, and the plans for the Girard Block, that they might chase them away? Its one the the BIs' favorite places to rant about white people, and I know they were trying to get the homeless/weird bus people off Market Street anyway.
    I wonder how any Germans thoughtStormTroopers were just obnoxious but relatively harmless eighty years ago?

bluecuracao is offline Senior Member

These guys are attention whores and nothing more. I don't get why anyone would want to try to talk to them; they make absolutely no sense.

Topperoni is offline Senior Member

Default Agree with Gwater

Quote Originally Posted by Giavella Water View Post
    I wonder how any Germans thoughtStormTroopers were just obnoxious but relatively harmless eighty years ago?
    And to add, hows many of you would be all, just ignore them, they're harmless" if it were a bunch of cammie clad, Skoal dipping white dudes talking about RAHOWA and mud races, etc? The 6th & 9th Districts' phones would be melting with all the calls-and rightfully so! I would just submit that even Whitey should be free from hearing hate speech while walking in the city. If I ever see them, I intend to report such asshattery. If they get a pass on hate, where can I sign up for my share?

Gladys is offline Senior Member

get a grip. what's the matter, missed your klan meeting this week? not even a comparison.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

Gladys is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topperoni View Post
    And to add, hows many of you would be all, just ignore them, they're harmless" if it were a bunch of cammie clad, Skoal dipping white dudes talking about RAHOWA and mud races, etc? The 6th & 9th Districts' phones would be melting with all the calls-and rightfully so! I would just submit that even Whitey should be free from hearing hate speech while walking in the city. If I ever see them, I intend to report such asshattery. If they get a pass on hate, where can I sign up for my share?
    i agree with you, just not this particular nazi reference.
    "If you're going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they'll kill you."
    - attributed to both George Bernard Shaw & Oscar Wilde

"I never clean up after my dogs, because I have trained them to run with me off leash while I ride my bike the wrong way on the sidewalk."
    - LUCas
    Originally Posted by Dave L We need to focus on banning both singers who crap on the sidewalk and dogs that annoy people with their singing. - Mondo

CHIOSSO is offline Schuylkill Ranger

I take the kids to see them when we are all in town. Years ago I used to catch their act in front of The Robert Nix Federal Building. They also had a hilarious local cable show. What a bunch of nitwits. READ BROTHER!!!!
    Last edited by CHIOSSO; 11-23-2012 at 11:03 PM.
    Moyamensing became known for its penitentiary, violent hose company, cemeteries, wretchedly poor inhabitants, and crime. Harry C. Silcox

eldondre is online now Moderator

Ive seen them lay into.interracial couples walking by. If the city knew what was good for it theyd find ways to prevent it. People dont get insulted walking into kop.
    "It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past"
    Jonathan Safran Foer

sharkey is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by topperoni View Post
    and to add, hows many of you would be all, just ignore them, they're harmless" if it were a bunch of cammie clad, skoal dipping white dudes talking about rahowa and mud races, etc? The 6th & 9th districts' phones would be melting with all the calls-and rightfully so! I would just submit that even whitey should be free from hearing hate speech while walking in the city. If i ever see them, i intend to report such asshattery. If they get a pass on hate, where can i sign up for my share?

news flash! News flash! News flash! First amendment protects so-called "hate speech," they are not "getting a pass."

AsYouWere is offline Banned

Many innercity females felt that way and ended up becoming prison guards only to find their shapely selves to be of more than passing interest to the liberation force of nature.