Register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PA Ave

rjj
    rjj is offline Senior Member

Default PA Ave

according to everyblock there have been a few robberies on PA ave between 27th-29th St. I have noticied an increased police presence in the area over the last few days.

funk is offline Senior Member

i've noticed quite a few cars broken into west of 29th between poplar and PA recently.

TheMasu19130 is offline Junior Member

After my car got broken into on PA Ave in summer 2011, the police officer said that I should try to avoid parking there on rainy nights as thieves are more likely to go on the prowl on a rainy night and smash your window while a train rumbles by.

rjj

our car was broken into friday night on PA ave just west of 29th. nothing was visible to the outside except an ice scraper. they took the drivers side airbag and some articles from the center console.
    the fine folks who broke the passenger side window had some balls- it had to happen very early in the evening on friday night because the car was full of snow and ice and there werent any foot prints in the snow around the car.

not only should you not walk around PA ave after 7pm, now you cant park you car there either.
    great quality of life!

my father parked his car (and is still parked) friday evening around 6:15. i asked him if he saw anything and he said that he didn't see anyone when we was walking to my place (to/up 30thish).

i've been meaning to move it in front of my house, not like there haven't been cars broken into on my block and successful/attempted home robberies in the past few years.

InYourVacancies is offline Blight Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by rjj View Post

not only should you not walk around PA ave after 7pm, now you cant park you car there either.
    great quality of life!
    If the area scares you that much...you should probably move out of the city entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by InYourVacancies View Post
    If the area scares you that much...you should probably move out of the city entirely.
    true.

Marquis is offline Banned

I hear there's some dog poop down there too.

rjj

Quote Originally Posted by InYourVacancies View Post
    no doubt, that is an option. i love 98% of big city living and i apologize if my frustrations came across as scared or whiny.

radiocolin is offline Senior Member

Proposed solution: Put a Trader Joe's there