Does anyone know what paperwork is needed from the city, if any, if I'm repacing windows?
Hello and Happy Tuesday,
Here is some information from another thread.
A window/door permit can be applied for on-line through our fast form permit application process or by applying in person at one of our L&I District Offices.
This permit is not required for replacement of windows/doors in a one- or two-family dwelling, provided the opening is not increased or decreased.
1. The work is limited to exterior doors only.
2. Replacement must be same size and location as the original opening.
3. Replacement must be 30 feet from any interior lot line or other building on the same site.
Increasing or decreasing the size of the window/door requires that you obtain a building permit through our Permit Services Unit in the Concourse of the Municipal Services Building, 1401 JFK Blvd.
You must notify a Building Inspector 48 hours prior to the start of work and the permit must be posted. Failure to comply will result in the issuance of a $75 ticket for each offense.
A building permit is a document required by the City that grants someone permission to begin construction to enlarge, repair, change or demolish a structure or any equipment or systems that are installed in a structure.
A Building Permit is required for:
* New construction.
* Repairs, alterations, demolition or additions to a structure.
* Installation of foundations for tanks and equipment.
* Construction or demolition of ducts, sprinkler systems or standpipe system.
* Changes in the occupancy classification see Administrative Code Section A-701.1 6.
* For exceptions to permit requirements see Administrative Code Section A-301.2.1(R).
If a contractor is doing the work and the house was built prior to 1978 then it should be done in accordance with Lead Safe Practices established by the EPA and a contractor that is lead safe cerfitifed. Home owners are exempt from performing lead safe practices when working on their own home.
Good luck with your home improvement project.
Last edited by HomeInspectorBC; 08-22-2012 at 06:32 AM.
The Connelly Group, llc, 215 380-4431
The Property Damage & Construction Experts
Serving the great states of PA & NJ
Have you hired any contractor for replacing your windows??? If you need any help you can contact us too.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO