Register
+ Reply to Thread
    whatever is offline Senior Member

Default Environmental Injustice and Civil Rights Violations Committed by City in Mt Airy and Perpetuated to the Day

Toxic Philadelphia Brownfields and Environmental Injustice in Mt Airy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_CmV8iC_Ak

EPA Testimony on Mercury and Air Toxics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyZRx7MWO-g

The City and Community Response Hate Crimes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02IUMmfzsv0

Some of the Harm Done Kill the Messenger

http://leapforpatientsafety.org/Docu...etaliation.pdf

Philadelphia Citizen Planning Institute takes a look at the same problems.

Elective 3: Healthy Communities & Environmental Justice
    June 2, Thursday, 6:00-9:00pm

Unit 1: Environmental Justice 101. Americans are born with certain inalienable rights. Is access to clean air, water, and land one of those rights? In this unit you will learn about international, federal, state and local interventions to protect your access to clean air, water, and land, as well as how you can contribute to the health of your environment.

Laureen M. Boles, Civil Engineer & Environmental Planner, Philadelphia Water Department

I've been connecting with other people who have been exposed to various hazards. Many single women who were ignored, maligned, said to be crazy and left to die. They all lost ability to live in their homes, have been threatened in many ways and denied help. One woman wrote down over 1000 calls and letters to officials whose job it was to help and there was never answer. We're gathering info on the toxics, hazards, lame and illegal responses, bully treatment, harassment, strain of living like this and all the political and civic leader connections. There have been many hospital visits between us. Last night one women went in with repeating pattern of rapid swellings throughout body, extreme weakness and respiratory distress. Her teen son, who was always smart and athletic has not been able to play sports in far over a year. He is very weak and scared and angry. Doctors do nothing. Threats continue.

I get a lot of letters now from people with similar life threatening experiences. Some have died. Some have been sick for decades after exposure. The abuse by gov. agency is a thread throughout. The toxic dumpers or business leaders who have the money are protected
    and they don't care what they do to people's lives. Philadelphia's GREEN political PR is a lot of PR to get votes.

Mayor Nutter spoke at the recent Brownfield conference yet I'm hearing from more and more in Philadelphia about the haz mat issues in their neighborhoods and years of neglect , ignoring the law and abuse of rights. All of which can lead to manslaughter and a lifetime of ill health and hell.

Jayfar is offline Junior Old Fart

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    All of which can lead to manslaughter and a lifetime of ill health and hell.
    Including mental illnesses apparently.
    “Guys like you I would dispatch with my roofing axe.” -- BootsywannabeACretin

Now if Philadelphia could give up it's political prerogative devil's deals with developers and real estate biz and upgrade it's professionalism - this might be a good idea from NYC to prevent poisoning neighbors and filling the air with asbestos, silica from crushed bricks, cement dust , vaporous hell fumes and other hazards.

National Brownfield Association - Dirt-E Talk Newsletter

toxigal is offline Senior Member

I've been connecting with other people who have been exposed to various hazards. Many single women who were ignored, maligned, said to be crazy and left to die. They all lost ability to live in their homes, have been threatened in many ways and denied help. One woman wrote down over 1000 calls and letters to officials whose job it was to help and there was never answer. We're gathering info on the toxics, hazards, lame and illegal responses, bully treatment, harassment, strain of living like this and all the political and civic leader connections. There have been many hospital visits between us. Last night one women went in with repeating pattern of rapid swellings throughout body, extreme weakness and respiratory distress. Her teen son, who was always smart and athletic has not been able to play sports in far over a year. He is very weak and scared and angry. Doctors do nothing. Threats continue.

I get a lot of letters now from people with similar life threatening experiences. Some have died. Some have been sick for decades after exposure. The abuse by gov. agency is a thread throughout. The toxic dumpers or business leaders who have the money are protected
    and they don't care what they do to people's lives. Philadelphia's GREEN political PR is a lot of PR to get votes.

Mayor Nutter spoke at the recent Brownfield conference yet I'm hearing from more and more in Philadelphia about the haz mat issues in their neighborhoods and years of neglect , ignoring the law and abuse of rights. All of which can lead to manslaughter and a lifetime of ill health and hell.
    what have their toxicology tests revealed?

Eastcoast is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by toxigal View Post
    Elevated levels of manslaughter, ill health and hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Elevated levels of manslaughter, ill health and hell.
    damn! i want to work for the lab that did that testing!

Fun and Easy Ways to make Dust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XskAMxYJISQ

methane, benzene , mercury , lead, that kind of stuff

More Tips for developers and city planning when they are dealing with chemicals contamination dumped in creek and groundwater from industry or even auto oil.

GROUND WATER RECEPTORS
    In order to redevelop properties where groundwater contamination exists, it is important to identify
    and eliminate any pathway from the contaminated groundwater to any "receptor." Receptors in this sense
    include not only wells that supply people with groundwater for drinking, cooking, bathing and so forth, but
    also other avenues whereby contaminated groundwater, or volatiles from contaminated ground water, can
    reach people. These include basements, utility manways and chases, storm sewers, other underground
    utilities, drains, and surface water flows and seeps. The brownfields process will generally require the
    identification, by conducting a thorough receptor survey, and elimination of all identified pathways by
    which people could be exposed to contaminants in the groundwater

stock is offline Senior Member

Whatever, whatever...
    Chris
    Philadelphia Salvage
    Design Build

542 Carpenter Lane - Retail and Custom
    2234 W. Westmoreland "The Foundry"

"Anyone who would trade their freedom for safety
    deserves neither freedom or safety."

- Benjamin Franklin

Useful data base matching environmental substances and conditions with health issues.

Collaborative on Health and the Environment ::

Useful info for Sustainable Builders and Assessment in Planning Process and obligation of City in regard to Public Health and Mayor Nutter's goal to make a Green City.

There was a recent article saying Philadelphia dropped from #1 Toxic City in America to #2. Good Job, Philly.

methane, benzene , mercury , lead, that kind of stuff
    in blood or urine? how many were exposed? what were their blood levels?

in blood or urine? how many were exposed? what were their blood levels?
    blood, urine, hair. i think levels change but any amount of mercury is poison. Goes deeper into organs and body starts to try to throw it off in cycles. Did some kind of DNA test. People from all over are talking. They all have different things going on. Some in Philadelphia. Some elsewhere. We're trying to put together public awareness and education and the best way to deal with it and find solutions. The other part of my issue is the lung stuff from all the cement and broken down bricks and constant dust.

Joining with others to try to make sure this kind stuff is brought to light so people aren't so reckless and learn to handle contaminated properties and construction properly. Also we're sharing info on the health aspect and the failure of gov. and agencies, etc . One women kept a detailed list of over 1000 phone calls and letters to agencies and officials who are paid to handle these matters and protect the public and none of them ever did anything. Lots of similar patterns.

NEW TOPIC... Is this true about the spike of babies in Philadelphia dying? This is horrible.

YouTube - ‪Fukushima Day 99- Infant Deaths up 48% in Philadelphia USA since Japan meltdowns (3)‬‏

blood, urine, hair. i think levels change but any amount of mercury is poison. Goes deeper into organs and body starts to try to throw it off in cycles.
    you really have no idea what you are talking about.

Noquisi is offline Give more than take

^this is true^
    "Hope has two beautiful daughters, anger and courage; anger at the way things are, and courage to change them."
    Saint Augustine

okay well --- i guess docs don't either.

and I guess that project went along just fine following all proper procedures. The end.

okay well --- i guess docs don't either.

and I guess that project went along just fine following all proper procedures. The end.
    if a doctor is telling you "any amount of mercury is poison" then yes, i would agree that they don't know what they are talking about.